We’ve learned that transforming our own relationship with anger is the first step toward transforming anger for our families (see Episode 3: Transforming Anger for Parents). But, teaching kids how to use these tools is something different all together. Or is it? Listen as Renee and Ed turn the focus to helping our children manage this overwhelming emotion. Using their strategies, you may just discover that it’s easier for our kids to change their habits than it is for us. If that’s not enough, you’ll learn Ed’s “one line” to change your life. Other discussion topics include:
- What is the purpose of anger?
- Roleplay: teaching “little Eddie” to mind the gap
- Stealing bandwidth from the emotional brain
- Interrupting anger with a snap of the fingers
- LA LA: mapping emotions on the body
- How can mindfulness meditations help my kids?
- Zooming out: the benefit of a wide lens
Check out Anger Transformed: a 7-module course with Renee Jain and Dr. Shefali Tsabary