Many of us think perfectionism is about having really high standards for achievement. Sometimes that’s true, but perfectionism isn’t always about getting things right. Often, it’s about avoidance, unhealthy comparisons, negative self-talk, and anxiety over showing up as you really are. Listen as Ed Crasnick and Renee Jain explore strategies for putting perfectionists on a path toward self-acceptance. Highlights include:
- What is perfectionism and where does it come from?
- So, is perfectionism healthy or unhealthy?
- Negative self-talk and self-criticism: hallmarks of perfectionism
- Roleplay: talking to your young, procrastinating perfectionist
- Itty-bitty steps: creating “failure-proof” plans
- Why failures and mistakes lead to success
- Using stories to talk about perfectionism
Check out the Science of Perfectionism Kit: A Short Story and Interactive Journal for Kids 8+
Make sure you subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here!