Got Negative Thoughts?
94% of us do. Watch this video...
Let's take a closer look!
You just met Coach, our half-human, half-Eudaimonian personal trainer for negative thoughts. Here's what we learned from Coach along with some additional information:
- Almost everyone has negative thoughts. In fact, science reveals 94% of humans have negative thoughts!
- Negative thoughts are sticky. Humans have a negativity bias or a tendency to pay more attention to negative than to positive events. The amygdala, or the alarm center in your brain, uses 2/3 of its neurons to search out bad news. For example, if you get one poor grade and lots of good ones, your brain might only focus on the poor one... that is the negativity bias at work!
- Thoughts change your brain. Each time you have a thought, neurons or nerve cells electrically and chemically fire in your brain. When two neurons fire together, they create a bond. That's why they say "neurons that fire together, wire together." Groups of neurons that fire and wire together form a neural network. Neural networks fire in patterns; each time you have the same thought, the networks becomes more defined, stronger, and easier to activate. In other words, your brain makes it very easy to think the same thought over and over again.
- Negative thoughts can become subconscious habits. The dorsal striatum is the habit circuit in the brain and what Coach refers to as the Habitizer. The Habitizer is responsible for producing behaviors without conscious thought. The good news is you can create any kind of thinking habits... the Habitizer does not distinguish between negative or positive. 🙂
- The goal is not to change your negative thoughts. We know from research that the more you try to actively suppress a negative thought, the more it may repeat in your mind. Instead of changing our thoughts, we can change our relationship with them. That's what innercising at the 24-hour Emotional Fitness is all about!
Have you ever felt like Sabrina or Coach? Was there anything in the video that you relate to in your life?[hr]
What can you do about it?
Innercise your brain with GoPositive!
Almost everyone has negative thoughts.
In fact, science reveals 94% of humans have negative thoughts! But what do we do when these negative thoughts keep coming back, over and over?
The goal is not to change your negative thoughts.
We know from research that the more you try to actively suppress a negative thought, the more it may repeat in your mind. Instead of changing our thoughts, we can change our relationship with them.
Introducing: Emotional Fitness!
This succinct 6-animation mini program walks teens and tweens through how to recognize when negative thoughts are taking over, and introduces 5 different tools they can use to break out of a negative thought cycle. That’s what innercising at the 24-hour Emotional Fitness is all about!
Ready to start Innercising?
Join the family membership with 7 animated programs
- 7 Animated Programs? + Updates
- 225 Animations and counting
- 7 Programs: Printable Worksheets
- Unlimited email support
- Use on any device
- Yearly subscription, cancel anytime
- BONUS: Plus Content Library?
- BONUS: Masterclass Library?
- BONUS: 2 Parenting Programs?